Become a volunteer, there are lots of ways you can help
- Volunteer Advisers help people with their problems via telephone or face-to-face interviews. We provide free training via attending a one-day-a-week course.
- Volunteer Trustees get involved in the way our bureau is run through our governing Trustee Board.
- Volunteer Administrators help with running the general offices which may include telephone work, IT, filing, photocopying and updating information on our databases.
- Other roles are available.
For more information on any of these volunteering roles contact 015394 47185 or email [email protected]. Alternatively, you can download an application pack here:-
and return it to us at either the above email address or by post to the Windermere office.
Why volunteer for Citizens Advice?
There are wide ranging benefits to volunteering for Citizens Advice including:
- Free accredited training
- Learning new skills
- Reaching out and making a difference in your local community
- Improving your employability skills
- Making new friends
What our volunteers say:
‘Volunteering keeps your mind working.’
‘The training has been excellent with support available throughout.’
‘It opens your mind.’
‘I’ve learned a lot about other walks of life and it gives you a better understanding of society as a whole.’
‘It requires effort and an enquiring mind; the reward is being able to help people.’
‘I’ve learned lots about a wide variety of topics.’
‘It gives me a focus to the week.’
‘I work with a great team of people.’