News and Advice

Universal Credit Reductions.

I’ve had my Universal Credit payments reduced for missing an appointment. I don’t think this is fair as I had a good reason for not being able to attend. Now I am struggling... View Article

Advice on Debt.

I recently became a carer for my partner, who I live with, and can no longer work. We’ve started falling behind on our bills and I’m worried our debts are only going to... View Article

Problem Neighbours?

A family has moved in to the house next door and is being a nuisance, yelling late at night over a loud television and leaving bin bags strewn over the front of the... View Article

Advice on free school meals

Were you aware that if you receive Income Support, Income Based Job Seekers Allowance or Child Tax Credit (some exceptions) then you can apply for free school meals for your children in KS2 or above?... View Article

Advice on credit card debt

Over the past year, I have been getting into debt as my wages don’t keep pace with inflation. Every time I reach my credit card limit, the company increases it automatically. At first... View Article

Advice on auto-enrolment pension

  I’ve just started a new job with an auto-enrolment pension. Do I have to join the scheme? I’m worried about meeting my living costs if I do.  Even if retirement is a... View Article

Advice on travel insurance

I’m planning a long holiday and have been struggling to find travel insurance for a reasonable price. I’ve found a good deal from a Facebook advert but my friend thinks it might be... View Article

Can I claim sick pay?

I took 7 days off work for flu and my employer won’t give me sick pay. I work on a flexible shift contract and when I called in sick they just took me... View Article

Grange-over-Sands office

Service at our office in Hampsfell Road, Grange-over-Sands has now closed.  Please contact us on 03444 111444 for any new enquiries, appointments or for telephone advice.   For debt and on-going enquiries, telephone 015394 46464.... View Article

Holiday problems on the rise!

Flights that don’t exist, hotels next to rubbish dumps and cancelled transfers leaving people stranded are just some of the problems making holidays a misery. Too often people don’t get what they have... View Article

Stan’s Long Run

They say it’s always the quiet ones and true to form, our very own volunteer, Stan Stanning, is attempting something quite remarkable in order to raise funds for South Lakes Citizens Advice.  He... View Article